Creating meaningful connections for a stronger community
The Office of Community Engagement exists to support, promote, and recognize campus engagement with the community and to develop a strategic approach to community engagement at IUPUI.
We strongly value connections and university–community partnerships that enable IUPUI to understand relevant issues of today, prepare graduates and professionals, have an impact on our communities, and find workable solutions to local and global problems.
Our initiatives and key programs are:
- Professional Development and Corporate Education—works with businesses and communities to support economic growth and development
- Family, School, and Neighborhood Engagement—collaborates with the community to facilitate democratically-engaged partnerships that address community-identified issues
- Information about, and assessment of, community engagement activities—produces scholarship and collects data of how IUPUI is engaged in the community
- Government relations—works to educate and increase the political and civic engagement of students, faculty, and staff
- Partnerships with national networks—actively participates in national networks that support and inform our work